~PASSAGE TO LEILA~

This is the story of how the Keaney family made their way to China to bring home their second daughter and a mei mei for Olivia.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Our Last Day: The swearing in

We spent our last day finishing up our shopping and our packing. Keryn spent the day in bed unfortunately - sick. I can't believe our trip is coming to an end. We had our consulate appointment this afternoon. After a ride in the pouring ran, complete with thunder and lightning, we were sworn in as a group, making the adoption process complete. The girls are ours forever and are now on their way to the good ol' U.S of A. I'm sad to be leaving - I have really enjoyed this trip and once again have had a great experience with no snags. And it doesn't hurt that we have the cutest baby in the world - sorry friends - I know you all feel the same about yours. But just look at those lips!



Our journey to Leila is coming to an end but it is just the beginning of our lives together and the start to our forever family. I don't know how you love someone so much that you have just met but I feel she has been in my heart a very long time. What joy these little girls bring to me. How lucky we are. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Its perfection! We are so blessed.

Thanks to all of you for your love and support during our journey. I felt the love through every email. Thank you for sharing this time with us. Thank you to those who made it all possible - you know who you are. You mean so much and we are eternally grateful.

Signing off from China. With love, the Keaney Family - Katie, Tommy, Olivia and Leila

1 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn, Paul, PJ, Chris & Lauren said...

She is adorable. Must be all the absolutely cutest babies come from Chenzhou!

xoxo
Marilyn

ps. Lauren says she misses her roomie!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home