~PASSAGE TO LEILA~

This is the story of how the Keaney family made their way to China to bring home their second daughter and a mei mei for Olivia.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Beijing: The Great Wall and Forbidden City



It has been an amazing trip so far. We had a great time in Beijing. Weather was perfect - beautiful sunny, fall-like days with crisp air. Olivia has made some friends who keep her busy. She climbed the Great Wall - about a third of the way up on the section we were at. I managed to make it to the top of the Wall and I've been paying for it for 2 days with aches and pains in my legs.







Chen Chen is our guide and is making the trip as great as the first one with her. Made it to the Silk Market and could have spent days there. Added an extra 5 lbs easily to my luggage with all my treasures. Also made a stop at a silk factory where we saw how silk is made and loaded up on silk quilts and other goodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home